Speeding Tickets and Other Citations in Virginia
Getting a Traffic Ticket is frustrating. But that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t take it seriously. A Virginia Traffic Ticket conviction can carry several harsh consequences that you may not know about. For example, did you know that “pre-paying” your ticket without going to court is exactly the same as pleading guilty to the offense, or being found guilty by the judge? A pre-paid ticket, for the purposes of your driving record, is a guilty.
Traffic Ticket Penalties
If you just prepay your ticket, you run a serious risk of these:
- Three, Four, or Six Demerit Points added to your Driving Record, and potentially causing a significant insurance increase.
- Driver’s license can be suspended
- Fines and court costs
- Insurance rates raised by more than 50% a year
- If you have a CDL, it could be disqualified or suspended, losing your livelihood.
- If you are convicted of a DUI or Reckless Driving, the penalties could be much more severe.
If you have been issued a Speeding Ticket, Failure to Yield, Following Too Closely, or any other Traffic Ticket in Virginia, you should talk to me today.
Why do I need an attorney for a simple traffic ticket?
A Traffic Ticket in Virginia is not always simple. A Speeding Ticket or other Traffic Ticket can jeopardize your finances, your career, and create serious problems for you if you were involved in an accident.
- One simple Traffic Ticket can cause your insurance rates to jump through the roof by more than 50%.
- If you drive a car or truck for a living, a simple Traffic Ticket may ruin your ability to earn a living for you and your family.
- If you received your ticket because you were involved in a car accident, one simple Traffic Ticket conviction could cost you and your insurance company thousands.
- If your ticket was for Reckless Driving in Virginia, you could actually face jail time because it is more than a traffic offense. This charge is a criminal misdemeanor in Virginia, which can leave you with a permanent criminal record in addition to a negative driving record as well.
How can an attorney possibly help my case?
You deserve a complete legal defense for your Virginia Traffic Ticket. I take pride in putting on the best legal defense for my clients that I can. That means fully investigating your case, interviewing witnesses, examining the incident scene, researching the applicable statutes and case law, preparing you to go to court, and otherwise working my hardest to develop the best strategy I can for your case.
It’s Time to Put Me to Work For You
I provide exceptional legal representation for my clients, and we offer Free Consultations for Virginia Traffic Ticket cases.